Home > Around the Web, UK Constitution > Elsewhere on the ‘Net: UCL Constitution Unit Newsletter Monitor 47
Elsewhere on the ‘Net: UCL Constitution Unit Newsletter Monitor 47
The Constitution Unit of University College, London, publishes a periodic short newsletter summarising major constitutional issues in the UK. Their latest one is here.
This issue touches on:
- Government defeats in the Lords;
- The reckless (and unnecessary) speed of the government’s constitutional reform program;
- The progress of the Fixed Term Parliaments Bill and the PVS&C Bill;
- Difficulties with the European Union Bill;
- The new Cabinet Manual;
- Meg Russell’s proposed moratorium on Lords appointments;
- The run-up to the Welsh Devolution referendum;
- The Oldham East & Saddleworth by-election;
- Parliamentary Privilege;
- Constitutional issues in other devolved parts of the UK.
Feel free to read at your leisure, it’s fascinating!